maybe it just needs to be this way. maybe that's why, instead of a harrowing, painful emptiness i ought to be feeling in my chest i just feel empty. maybe cuz i've already felt those terrible contractions before, and now is the inevitable, the final, the last straw.

i want him to come running to me, holding me, begging me to not go. But he's not that kind of person. And I don't need begging. I need stability. I need happiness. I need someone who doesn't think i'm full of bullshit all the time.

With him I think I feel stupid, insipid, and insubstantial. Why he keeps me around, I don't know. I love him for who he is. What does he love me for?


I am so sad that the insides of me have cooled down and congealed, a flat, calm jelly formed around the perfect shape of my heart. And at the same time my brain is all a'roil.

I won't lie. I thought of suicide, but that was more a dramatic gesture than any kind of seriousness.

Yes, I could very well live without him. i might even be happy. but it's a small chance.

0 comments:

Whys and Whatsits

Lately I can't recall names. I forget checks, I drop my keys unknowingly. Lately my dreams are more real than really living. I touch things awake and witness events and there is nothing but clinical numbness. Lately I'm losing my words; without those, I thought I was nothing. 

This is an attempt to remember everything. At the end of the day, words are all we have.