I want to bottle this smell.

I've got this shirt from Emmanuel with me, and it smells all 100% him, all heady and fragrant like incense. MMmmmfdf.

I haven't slept at all. I'm writing an essay.

My brain is deteriorating, btw. Gone are the days when 6-8 page essays were the norm. Gone are the days when I could spin out a 4 page hand-written essay in less than 40 minutes.

alarming, how we disappoint ourselves over the course of a lifetime.

Goodness gracious it's only 4 pages. Come on, now.

Agghh. Cats are soft.

I am crocheting. I have done finally a granny square that actually looks like it ought to be a granny square. I tried a second one but it turned into a pentagon and so it lays now a curled mass of ripped out stitches on my floor, like vibrant turquoise pubes.

0 comments:

Whys and Whatsits

Lately I can't recall names. I forget checks, I drop my keys unknowingly. Lately my dreams are more real than really living. I touch things awake and witness events and there is nothing but clinical numbness. Lately I'm losing my words; without those, I thought I was nothing. 

This is an attempt to remember everything. At the end of the day, words are all we have.